Двусторонний скотч для крепления зеркал
Today you can hang the mirror on the wall or fix it on the cabinet door without using such fasteners as screws, etc. Today, the old traditional method of fastening has come to the notice of a new, simpler and more convenient one with the help of double-sided adhesive tape. In this case, the method of attachment turns out to be no less reliable and, moreover, does not violate the surface on which the mirror is attached. So if you need to remove the mirror, there will be no holes left on the wall. But in order for the fastening to be reliable, it is necessary to choose the most suitable self-adhesive and do all the work correctly.
Choosing adhesive tape for mounting a mirror
- Polypropylene double-sided self-adhesive tape. Polypropylene-based tape is resistant to high humidity. A layer of special rubber adhesive is characterized by a high degree of adhesion and instantly adheres to the surface. Resistance to humid environments allows this type of tape to be used in the bathroom.
- Fabric-backed double-sided adhesive tape can be used on uneven surfaces. The rubber adhesive provides reliable adhesion and the fabric backing adheres well to folds, edges and seams.
- Double-sided self-adhesive foam tape differs from other types of tape in its thickness - 800 microns. The elastic and dense base with a fine-mesh structure makes it possible to hang the mirror on a rough or uneven surface, all errors of which are corrected by the thickness of the base. The acrylic adhesive layer is characterized by adhesion, which increases to a maximum on the first day after installation.
After choosing adhesive tape, you need to calculate the required amount. Then a surface is prepared on which the mirror will be installed and the rear surface of the mirror itself.
Best suited for mirror stickers:
- veneered wood, laminated chipboard or MDF surfaces;
- different metal surfaces;
- any plastic, except polypropylene or polyethylene;
- ceramic tile.
It is not recommended to glue the mirror on the wallpaper, as they are not highly reliable.
In addition to the ease of attaching the mirror to the self-adhesive double-sided tape, this method has another advantage - it can be easily removed and moved to another place.