Reinforced adhesive tape — This is a moisture-resistant adhesive tape used in construction, repair, installation and plumbing work.
Features of TPL Reinforced Tape
The basis of this technical tape is a PVC tape reinforced with cotton fibers along the base. Due to this structure, the tape is characterized by high tensile strength under tension.
Water-tightness and tightness of the material is achieved by laminating the surface with molten polyethylene. The other surface of the tape is covered with a rubber or acrylic based hot melt adhesive. Rubber adhesive tape can be used over a wider temperature range than acrylic tape.
The ribbon is available in three colors — white, gray and black.
Reinforced tape is characterized by:
- strength, wear resistance, durability;
- thermal and water resistance;
- resistance to ultraviolet radiation;
- good electrical insulating properties;
- corrosion resistance;
- small stretch factor;
- excellent adhesion to any surface.
The structure is such that it can be easily torn off by hand without tools, but resists stretching and tearing well when laid on the surface to be treated.
Areas of use
Properties and structure of the reinforced tape — fabric-polyethylene tape (TPL), determine the scope of the material, which is unusually wide.
- This adhesive tape is used in the installation of pipelines, during their repair, for wrapping pipes, sealing joints, and when performing various plumbing works.
- In ventilation and air conditioning systems, tape is used to seal and protect ventilation ducts and air ducts.
- In hydro and vapor barrier systems, they are used to fasten adjacent surfaces.
- The electrical insulating properties of the material are used when fixing and bunching electrical wires and cables;
- It is used in the production of household appliances — Microwave ovens, ovens, refrigerators.
- Due to its particularly high strength and moisture resistance, such a tape can be used for packing heavy and bulky goods and as a "control tape" on cardboard boxes and corrugated packaging.
- The anti-corrosion properties of the tape are used to protect metal parts from rust.
- Excellent adhesion, high strength and ease of use allow the reinforced tape to perform a variety of repair and restoration work.