Manufacture of furniture
Adhesive tape is increasingly used in furniture production as an alternative to traditional methods of fastening parts using rivets, screws, bolts.
The tapes are used for mounting mirrors, fixing various decorative elements and accessories. Self-adhesive tapes are used in the assembly of office furniture and residential cabinetry. They are characterized by a high level of adhesion, without problems, they firmly and reliably connect many materials to each other.
The use of adhesive tape in the manufacture of furniture
The use of adhesive tape is especially effective when working with the following materials used in furniture making:
- processed wood and chipboard;
- painted and varnished surfaces;
- glass surfaces, including mirrors;
- ceramics and metal;
- a number of plastics (ABS, etc.).
The use of double-sided self-adhesive tape simplifies the following types of work:
- installation of mirrors on facades or niches of cabinets and other types of furniture. For this, a double-sided foam self-adhesive tape is used, which is often called "mirror";
- fixing decorative elements, fittings and accessories on the surface of furniture.
Features of the adhesive tape used
In the manufacture of various items of office and home furniture, two types of double-sided furniture adhesive tape are used: fabric-based and foam-based. The convenience and practicality of these materials in the manufacture of furniture is due to their following properties:
- Durable and flexible polyester fiber or polyethylene foam backing provides a snug fit to any surface;
- An adhesive layer with high adhesion to different surfaces;
- The material is easy to use - a silicone paper tape with a separator is wound on a large-diameter sleeve.
Why is it convenient to use furniture adhesive tape?
The increasing use of adhesive tape by furniture makers is associated with a number of advantages of this material:
- The speed and simplicity of assembly work that does not require special tools and a high degree of qualifications of the craftsmen;
- Maintaining the integrity of all furniture surfaces. If necessary, all decor can be removed without any trace;
- The ability to use a wide range of materials in the manufacture of furniture products: wood, metal, plastic, chipboard, glass, paper;
- High resistance of the material to aggressive environmental influences.