The materials used for plumbing work must be waterproof, resistant to moisture, dirt, durable, wear-resistant, durable and easy to work with.
Self-adhesive sanitary tape meets all these requirements. It is it that is used in the installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing equipment in bathrooms, bathrooms and showers.
Features of Plumbing Adhesive Tape
It is a textile-polyethylene (TPL) tape reinforced with synthetic fibers. Plumbing tape is characterized by:
- resistant to moisture, heat and ultraviolet rays;
- high tensile strength & mdash; practically does not break when stretched;
- durability and wear resistance.
The tape easily breaks off under the action of forces directed across it. This is its additional convenience in work, since no special tool is needed. The color of such a tape is most often silvery gray, but it can be anything. The most common TPL tape of standard size 50mmx50m tpl gray.
Plumbing Adhesive Tape Application
This material is used:
- to eliminate breaks, cracks and leaks during the repair of pipes and other plumbing;
- for sealing gaps, sealing joints and seams when installing plumbing equipment;
- for sealing pipes and air ducts;
- when packing heavy sanitary goods for safe transportation.
Benefits of using plumbing tape
This modern material meets all the requirements for plumbing materials, which follows from the properties of the fabric-polyethylene tape noted above.
- High strength, tensile and tear resistance with ease of use.
- High waterproofing properties and corrosion resistance.
- High level of adhesion on smooth surfaces as well as uneven and rough surfaces.
- Large selection of materials of different tensile strength, geometric dimensions and colors (from transparent to black).
For high-quality plumbing work, you need to choose a tape with the desired parameters and in the required quantity.