There is a large category of adhesive tapes used in various construction and renovation works, from painting walls and ceilings to installing plumbing and ventilation systems.
Areas of application of construction adhesive tapes
- Protecting surfaces from contamination: great examples are protective films for carpets, glass or masking tape, which, when applied during renovations, eliminate worries about the safety of finished finishes, allowing you to quickly, simply and easily restore order;
- Fastening of finishing materials, interior items and decor elements: using double-sided tape on a polypropylene, fabric or foam base, you can fix mirrors on cabinet furniture, glue skirting boards, panels, paintings, photographs on walls, mount suspended ceilings, lay carpet and linoleum;
- Joining sheets of paper and cardboard into a single canvas: double-sided paper self-adhesive tape does an excellent job with this task;
- Installation of pipes, ventilation and air conditioning systems, installation of plumbing with their protection from moisture: specially for these and similar works, aluminum, metallized, reinforced technical adhesive tapes have been developed, which are distinguished by high strength, moisture resistance, good heat and sound insulation characteristics;
- Prevention of industrial injuries: construction protective and signaling tapes are a good way to warn others about repair and construction work, the danger of heavy building materials falling, communications laid in the ground, etc.
The choice of a specific type of self-adhesive tape depends on the intended type and scope of work, as well as the characteristics of the construction site.